The Joint Commission requires that accredited hospitals develop an ongoing professional practice evaluation methodology that relies on the use of evidence-based measurements for all medical staff members. EchoOPPE supports your compliance activities with functionality that uses multiple sources of performance data to support performance measurement, improvement activities and regulatory compliance in one central system. When coupled with the optional HL7 Import module, Echo can schedule and automate the electronic exchange of data elements.
A variety of practitioner performance indicators can be tracked including:
- Review for identification of individual cases potentially requiring practitioner review due to case complexity or significance
- Rule to identify individual instances of noncompliance with administrative or clinical processes
- Rate to identify potential performance differences among practitioners using aggregated outcomes or processes of care.
- Templates with performance indicators including Activity Volume (i.e., Admissions, Consults, Procedures); Top DRGs; Mortality Rates; Performance Measures; Readmission Rates and ALOS
- Templates that include quality concerns, complaints, and satisfaction survey results
- Templates that reflect measurements designed to support the ACGME’s six core competencies
- Prepared count, sum, rate, and percentage calculations
- Defined target thresholds with optional color indicators
- Provider Performance Profile Reports
- Provider Performance Trending Reports
- OPPE Status Reports
All information is accessible for reporting including Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets for three dimensional charts for aggregate data reporting. Listings and one-click “worklists” identify areas that require action or follow-up. All reports can be secured by an individual or groups and generated off-hours through the event scheduler. Echo is designed to uniformly track both adverse outcomes as well as document best practices. Echo automates and standardizes your OPPE compliance activities by providing your medical staff leadership with key quality and performance measures.