Peer Review is a solution that uses multiple sources of performance data to support performance measurement, improvement activities and regulatory compliance. Multiple peer review processes can be designed, developed and employed across the enterprise or facility. Peer review administrators define the elements to be tracked and measured – providing maximum flexibility.
A variety of physician performance indicators can be tracked including:
- Review for identification of individual cases potentially requiring physician review due to case complexity or significance
- Rule to identify individual instances of noncompliance with administrative or clinical processes
- Rate to identify potential performance differences among physicians using aggregated outcomes or processes of care
Benefits of Peer Review
- Designated reviewers to create and complete peer reviews in a timely manner
- Uniformly track both adverse outcomes as well as document best practices.
- Supports state and federal compliance activities by providing a standardized process from initiation to conclusion.